Sign up to CVL at MASSIVE
Characterisation Virtual Laboratory (CVL) desktop service is provided as a national resource by MASSIVE (Multi-Modal Australian Sciences Imaging and Visualisation Environment). MASSIVE provides researchers with the computing resources and tools to apply high-throughput parallel processing and deep learning techniques to solve research questions, and allows researchers to more effectively extract knowledge from scientific data.
Getting started with CVL at MASSIVE
The process to get an account to use the CVL at MASSIVE requires a few steps, starting with gaining access to computing resources. Keep in mind the CVL at MASSIVE desktop is currently the national resource and any Australian researcher can apply for an account.
- Log in to HPCID using your institution Australia Access Federation (AAF) credentials.
- Password reset, click [Change Linux Password].
- Create or join an existing project
- If you are a principal investigator or a project manager please send a project request to MASSIVE by filling the following form. You will get a response in about 3 working days.
- If you are a student or research assistant you need your supervisor or manager to get a project first and then give you the project code to join.
- Go to strudel web (or strudel desktop) and select M3 and CVL @ MASSIVE.
- If asked, please login with your institutional credentials through AAF.
- Click on M3 standard Desktop, then Launch
- A desktop will start with state checked, click Show Desktop.
What is MASSIVE?
(Multi-Modal Australian Sciences Imaging and Visualisation Environment)’s impact to science is broad, and includes basic discoveries in the biological, medical, computational, engineering and environmental sciences.
Last updated on May 14, 2019.